Taylor swift is my imaginary best friend and Harry styles is my imaginary boyfriend and that makes me feel guilty, a lot!!
Just drunk dialled my boyfriend about 17 times and pretty sure he knows I’m as cool as the sun now. Great. Time to watch taylorswift interviews for the next hour til I pass out. Then casually say sorry tomorrow while silently praying he doesn’t run away. But if he does, it’s time to whip out ‘fearless’ and cry into a tub of Ben and Jerrys… Then cry even more because we like to eat Ben and Jerrys together on the weekends.
"dumb teenage drama"
- "hold on baby you’re losing it…/…you cry but you don’t tell anyone" two lines from Tied Together with a Smile, a song about Taylor’s friend with an eating disorder
- "daddy’s smart and you’re the prettiest lady in the whole wide world" a line from The Best Day, about her mother
- "people are people and sometimes it doesnt work out" a line from Breathe about losing someone important to you and being at fault for it
- "so if the chain is on your door, i understand" a lyric from Taylor’s song Back To December in which she writes about breaking someone;s heart
- "no one knows what to say about a beautiful boy who died" from Taylor’s song Ronan about a real life little boy who died of cancer
- "who you are is not what you did" from Innocent a song written in forgiveness of Kanye West after the incident at the VMAs
- "long live the walls we crashed through/ i had the time of my life with you" from Taylor’s Long Live off her Speak Now album, written about her fans
- "oh darling dont you ever grow up/ it could stay this simple" lyrics from Never Grow Up a song about enjoying where you are in each part of your life
- "you have pointed out my flaws again/as if i dont already see them" a lyric from Mean about a critic who wrote a rude obnoxious and hateful review of her
- "and they tell you that youre lucky/but youre so confused/cause you dont feel pretty/you just feel used" lyrics of The Lucky One
a song written about hollywood and the price of fame
- "dont look at me you got a girl at home" Girl At Home is a song that is in defense of women who are in relationships in which the other person is not faithful
- "i guess youre in new york today/ i dont want to miss you this way" from Come Back…Be Here a song about a long-distance relationship
and as for depth just appreciate all the depth in the following:
- "and you come away with a great little story/of a mess of a dreamer/with the nerve to adore you" -cold as you
- "but in life you’ll do things greater than dating the boy on the football team" -fifteen
- "my mistake i didn’t know to be in love/you had to fight to have the upper hand" -white horse
- "why do you have to make me feel small/so you can feel whole inside" -tell me why
- "and you got your share of secrets/and i’m tired of being last to know" -you’re not sorry
- "he can’t see the smile i’m faking/and my hearts not breaking/cause i’m not feeling anything at all" -the way i loved you
- "it rains when you’re here/and it rains when you’re gone" -forever & always
- "you made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter" -mine
- "but if we loved again/i swear i’d love you right" -back to december
- "but i took your matches before fire could catch me/so don’t look now/i’m shining like fireworks over your sad empty town" -dear john
- "i was losing my mind when i saw you here/ but you held your pride like you should of held me" -the story of us
- "please don’t be in love with someone else/please don;t have somebody waiting on you" -enchanted
- "but no amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity" -better than revenge
- "i hope you remember/today is never too late to be brand new" -innocent
- "all that i know is i don’t know/how to be something you’ll miss" -last kiss
- "if you have children someday/when they point to the pictures/please tell them my name" -long live
- "six months gone and i’m still reaching/even though i know you’re not there" -if this was a movie
- "this is the golden age of something good and right and real" -state of grace
- "all we are is skin and bone/trained to get along/forever going with the flow/but you’re friction" -treacherous
- "you almost ran the red/cause you were looking over at me" -all too well
- "i’d like to be my old self again/but i’m still trying to find it" -all too well
- "i hope sometimes you wonder about me" -i almost do
- "you wear your best apology/but i was there to watch you leave" -the last time
- "and i guess we fell apart in the usual way/and the storys got dust on every page/and sometimes i wonder how you think about it now/and how i see your face in every crowd" -holy ground
- "and time is taking its sweet time erasing you/and you’ve got your demons and darling/they all look like me" -sad beautiful tragic
- "your eyes look like coming home" -everything has changed
- "and it was like slow motion/standing there in my party dress/in red lipstick/with no one to impress" -the moment i know
- "this is falling in love in the cruelest way/this is falling for you when you are worlds away" -come back…be here
She truly is a lyrical genius. I hate when people bring her down for writing about love and heartache because aren’t most songs written about such things? Every artist in the world writes about love, unless you’re straight up gangsta rap… But even they wrote about their ‘bitches’ 😂! Besides, this is an example of other topics taylor writes about, she is a brave and so honest and no one should ever bring people down for being nothing but genuine!
Shout out to my subconscious! Today after putting my son into nursery I had a beautiful three hour nap which was spent dreaming that taylorswift and I were Bezzies and when we were eleven I’d go with her to music row and do cartwheels in the door then introduce her as she handed out her CDs. Then I was with her the day she left for her first tour and me and Andrea kept telling her she needed to take fluffy socks for when it gets cold. And then we were hanging out in a hotel listening to ‘1989 ‘and she was freaking incase people didn’t like it, but I loved it. But honestly I don’t think the songs that my brain made up are going to actually be anything like the ones on the album, not unless she really is singing about marshmallows. Which I doubt.
It’s been six years and I’ve been dying for a good taylor dream and finally my brain played ball!!!